Sunday 13 March 2011

008 - Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink (James Holden Remix)

This truly is one of the greatest techno tracks ever - there's so much to it! I must have heard this track 100 times and yet I still hear it differently, notice aspects I didn't know existed. It broods and smoulders, it creates its own atmosphere. It stays fresh throughout due to some of the most subtle shifts and inclusions I know. I love the sound-set - each component compliments the next. It's outrageously long, at over 9 minutes. This adds to its epic character: one of my favourite aspects to it is the length of the bold outro - at three minutes long, it marches proudly on out as opposed to casually slipping away. But perhaps what's most impressive is that everything great about it comes from the remix, and not the original. I'd even go as far as to say the original is boring, something the remix is a far cry from.

Nathan Fake - The Sky Was Pink (James Holden Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment